life LATELY & Video - Come on Get Crafty DT

Sunday, August 31, 2014


Last week I had my day to "hog the blog" at Come On Get Crafty and I thought I would
use a few of my favorite 'go-to' scrapbook elements for this LO challenge!
Believe it or not, I also made a video of my process from start to finish.
You can see click the YouTube link HERE or click on the movie below!

I love tags, shipping tags, mini tags, any kind of tag.  It makes me think of not just an scrapbook embellishment,
but as a potential interactive piece, as a theme for a travel page, as lots of different things...
even as just an addition of a splash of color!  I love tags!  I also love Project Life, love the idea,
the products, and the devotion and dedication people give to it.  I can't commit to that,
but I can appreciate everything that goes along with it...especially the products! ;)
This American Crafts set of PL Bits in 'Blush' has the most amazing colors and patterns, very applicable
for any project!  And finally I love wood veneers since there are so many ways to customize and use it...




Those three products being chosen, I was ready to tackle this LO!  My style is to provide a background
making a "photo" or journaling mat that is the central focus of the page and to embellish around it...
lots of the embellish part! And then, throw in some sewing...joining pieces of paper, stitching ideas and
dates together. The first thing I did was to spread some Pearl embossing paste over a 12x12 circle dot
stencil to the text patterned paper, to add some dimension and mute the text a bit.
  

The patterned papers I chose helped me narrow down my color palette to grey and teal with a
little yellow and pink thrown in...I know he is my little man, but there is so much love and he doesn't mind pink!
I love the fiddling and fussing, placing the cards and tags exactly how I want them.  I layered tags, PL cards
and the photo on top of a 6x6 piece of Crate Paper paper...I misted the wood veneer with a combination
of Heidi Swapp Color Shine in White and Mister Huey's in Calico White.


By layering this punched tag on top of another one, I think the contrasting chalkboard and hot pink worked great!
I tried to limit the colors to 3, but I just love color.  I think the complimenting colors are subtle enough that it doesn't
take away too much away!  Wood veneers are great to customize adding texture, dimension and interest! 


 Thanks for stopping by the blog and letting me share a few of my favorites!
Hope you all have a safe and happy Labor Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground