Love Is All You Need - Scrapbook Circle Designer's Choice

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Today on the Scrapbook Circle Blog, I am sharing this LO about using inspiration from text,
script and most especially patterned papers using song lyrics.  The source of my inspiration
is this love script paper from Echo Park-Capture Life that is in the August ‘Island Paradise’ kit.
I also used both the Tiki Torch’ and ‘Bungalow’ Add-ons.

Even if I have photos and a plan for a scrapbook page, I draw inspiration from the colors or composition
in the photo and most especially the patterns of the paper. I love papers with text, typography and print.
I also love music making the title and theme for this page an easy.


This was actually a photo I had already printed for scrapping and thought a simple, bold, color palette
would work well with the photo. My husband took the photo walking behind us and I never saw it until
I downloaded all the photos off of his phone.  It makes me smile and a little sad that one day,
my little man won't want to hold my hand.  Sniff...


The map print paper from Crate Paper was perfect for vacation photos, and provided
a neutral background. I placed the wood veneer sequins on the cities and intersecting
lines on the map, to emphasize the idea of travel, or destination.


The ‘sounds’ in the Elle’s Studio tag also emphasized my theme.  And I cut this title from my Silhouette.
I know the Beatles song is actually "All You Need Is Love," but I thought this cut file was too perfect.
 I wrapped the twine around the entire photo/mat cluster I created, sort of holding us all
together. That may sound like a stretch of symbolism for a simple scrapbook page,
but I love this song, and it inspired lots of love in me!

Thanks so much for sharing a piece of your day with me!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground