love for like ever - Scrapbook Circle One Item Wonder

Thursday, January 15, 2015

Hi there!  I am sharing one of my favorite projects in a while.  In the January Scrapbook Circle kit, they included more exclusive products than ever...wood veneers, a stencil, stamps, tags and these awesome candy colored acrylic hearts!  


I wanted to use them in a different way and make a big impact by using all of them together.  
We recently had a little photo shoot with my nieces.  I thought it would be cute to make a small
'cousin' tree and hang their pictures from it along with those hearts.


I wanted to focus on the hearts and their lovely colors, so I printed my photos in black and white and punch them out.  I painted a light watercolor wash on the cardstock.  I used the heart stencil with distress ink to make them seem like falling heart leaves...I know, lots of sappy symbolism, but that
is what I was thinking!!


I used my Silhouette to cut out this simple tree shape from the 6x6 Pink Paislee pad and looped the thread wrapped hearts around the branches.  I added a few word stickers under each heart and the gold phrase stickers to the bottom for my title.  I misted one of the wood veneer open hearts to match the other and stitched it to the page!


Check out how the rest of the Scrapbook Circle used these fun hearts on their pages on the Blog.
Thanks for stopping by today and have an amazing day!


3 comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground