SHE WAS A SHOWGIRL - Scrapbook Circle Designer's Choice

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Happy Sunday!  Yesterday on the Scrapbook Circle Blog I share a page I did using the February ‘Today is Beautiful’ kit and ‘Dream Big’ Add-on.  This was one of my favorite layouts this month, mostly because I had fun putting it together!
SHE WAS A SHOWGIRL_SBC_Feb 2015 border
I always enjoy being creative, but I love a page that just comes together quickly, simply because I just relax and play!  The only thing I knew I wanted to do on this page was use this photo of our sweet Lola.
SHE WAS A SHOWGIRL_SBC_Feb 2015 (8)
She is a great subject for scrapping because her color always lends powerful contrast to a page.  Her coat looked blue/black in this picture, so I used lots of navy to bring that out. After choosing the Dear Lizzy Thickers for my title, I used them as inspiration for the remaining color palette.  The pink was a great contrast to the navy.
SHE WAS A SHOWGIRL_SBC_Feb 2015 (6)
The pack of Maggie Holmes ephemera has so many great pieces for layering.  These elements made it really easy to bring out the rest of the colors in my title.  Navy, pink, mint and gold…so lovely together!
SHE WAS A SHOWGIRL_SBC_Feb 2015 (5)
Thanks for stopping by today!  Stay warm and dry and have an amazing day!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground