stay GOLD - Mini Album Cover for My Creative Scrapbook

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Hi there!  I am sharing a cover for a mini album I made as a March Guest Designer for 
My Creative Scrapbook Blog.  I was given the March Main Kit to use for my projects.
I made 12x12 layouts, but I also made this album cover and filmed my process.


You can access the original Blog post on My Creative Scrapbook HERE.  Click below for
the video or you can find my YouTube channel HERE.  It is a process that was frustrating
at times, but shared it anyway...coming up with a design isn't always easy for all of us.


The majority of the main kit is comprised of the Simple Stories 'I AM' collection.  I used one of the patterned pieces of paper that is covered with text.
I wanted to have that as a neutral background for a floral cluster using the ivory Prima flowers from the kit.


I painted the tips of the paper flowers with gold paint and used a couple gelatos to highlight several phrases of the text.  I used a combination of Simple Stories stickers and feathers I fussy cut from some of the paper.  I made a cluster of the stickers, papers and some of the ribbon from the kit under the flower and layered it all onto the gorgeous gold polka dot vellum.


I intend to use my Cinch machine to bind the chipboard cover into an album so I placed the entire cluster right of center.  I am pleased with the way the album came out, regardless of the length of time it took me to get there.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have an amazing day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground