Scrapbook Circle - Creative Team Member Interview

Thursday, May 14, 2015


Scrapbook Circle is celebrating it's 9th anniversary this month!
The DT members were asked to create a layout of our choice using the May Hello Sunshine kit
and to answer a few questions about our process and the page we created.

This is my project and the Q&A that was posted this week!


Q: Tell us about your scrapbook page. What does it mean to you?
A: The photograph on my page captures the light through our windows den at sunset.  The leaded glass cast the most amazing light refractions across the ceiling and walls.  This scrapbook layout means a lot to me because it documents all the hard work my husband and I have done in our home!  As architects, and sometimes frustrated architects, we use our home as our creative outlet.  We have almost finished renovating our retro mod ranch from top to bottom over the last 8 years.  After seeing this amazing dark wood grain paper from Chickaniddy Crafts I knew I wanted to document some piece of our house.  The name of the paper is appropriately called ‘Weekend Wonder!’


Q: What is your favorite, go-to technique when creating your pages?
A: I love layers and layering…the more the better!  It is a way for me to add lots of color and details to draw you into a page.  I almost always sew parts of the embellishments or paper to the background.  I love the subtle texture sewing adds as well as permanently adhering those pieces to the page.
Q: What’s the first thing you do when your kit arrives?
A: The first thing I do when my kit arrives is do a happy dance! Winking smile  After that, I sift through all the papers and sort them by the pattern I will most likely use.  Obviously, having the extra paper kit helps make this easier.  I also print out the exclusive monthly printables on white cardstock to keep with the patterned paper.

Q: If you could design the next Scrapbook Circle project kit (like this one, or this one),
what would it be?
A: I would LOVE to put together a kit, but it would be so hard to narrow things down!  I can’t wait to see more of the new Dear Lizzy ‘Fine & Dandy’ collection…just looking at it makes me smile.  I am super excited about the new Project Kits that are being offered and would love to put one together for party décor or art journaling!

Q: What do you love most about Scrapbook Circle?
A: Scrapbook Circle holds a special place in my heart because I was an avid subscriber before being on the design team.  After doing lots of research before committing to a monthly kit subscription, I loved the diversity and focus that Scrapbook Circle has without being overly complicated.  The DT and subscribers are laid back, talented and most importantly supportive!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for stopping by and letting me share a peek into my creative process!
Have an amazing day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground