you and me {+video} - The Crafter's Workshop July 2015

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Hi there!  I wanted to share this layout I posted on The Crafter's Workshop Blog yesterday including a start to finish video of my creative process.

I wanted to focus on using small stencils for this layout and do something very simple with 3 main elements; the title, the photo and some embellishment.  You can click on the video below or HERE to take you directly to my YouTube Channel and the video.


This was a fairly fast process for me, only taking about 45 minutes.  I did have a basic idea what I wanted to do and had the colors picked out with the help of my photo, but it still went fairly quickly.  I tend to use stencils on traditional scrapbook layouts with less layers and bulk only to fir into albums, so that helps the time.  If this were an art journal page, I would probably lay on the layers quite thick, therefor making the process, drying time included,longer.


At any rate, I used the 'Doodling Stencil - you and me' misting it with Distress stain for my title.  On the opposite side I used gold embossing paste onto the 'Scribbled Rose' stencil to add some texture and movement.  I placed several layers of 6x6 patterned paper, tracing paper & some gold thread.


I used the 12x12 'Believe Script' stencil to add a single layer of pattern at the bottom edge to anchor the layout.  I wanted to add third color and something a little extra.  I used a 6x6 stencil called 'Mini Life Tidbits' which has several different patterns and some great planner stencils to add a couple points of interest in the top left and bottom right corners.


Adding some black India ink and gold Liquitex ink splatters and a little journaling under the photo finished off my page!  Thanks for stopping by and I hope you check out the video and the other great ideas at The Crafter's Workshop Blog!

Stencils Used:
Have an amazing week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground