& ALWAYS shine - Scrapbook Circle January DT Choice

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Happy New Year!  This is my Designer's Choice LO using the Scrapbook Circle January kit perfectly named 'Fresh Start' and the 'Shine Bright' Add-on

I love starting a New Year, making resolutions and committing myself to new goals and setting standards for a new ambition!  Although this photo is a general, albeit sweet, photo of my brown eyed girls, it makes me think about the 5 years that Lola has been with us.  Time seems to fly by and I want to make sure I get as many moments documented as possible.

ALWAYS shine_SBC_January 2016 border

I took the Scrapbook Circle exclusive acrylic word die and rubbed several different inks on it…I wanted to tone it down just a touch from the bright yellow.  I wanted to use it on this page and would be using the more muted reds, almost pinks, so I rubbed it with a couple darker coral and teal chalk inks.  It was a perfect way to mute the color and still tie in the die cuts.

ALWAYS shine_SBC_January 2016 (8)

I used several different colors of Distress Ink to add some color to the background, in a loose watercolor wash.

ALWAYS shine_SBC_January 2016 (10)

I love the origami bird die cuts and although I wanted to use them all, I just used this one, next to my title…

ALWAYS shine_SBC_January 2016 (9)


Thanks for stopping by the Blog today!


3 comments:

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground